Tuesday, August 9, 2011

More images from Joshua Tree National Park. ll taken with Pentax K-5, K-7 or K-x.


Hi Photographer friends,

I'm still tired from staying up all night from Sunday morning through Monday evening. But it was worth the trouble as I did get some precious pictures.

The first set of images below tell a story by themselves, but here's is the way it happened. I was walking along the trail when I saw and heard a Blue Jay just chirping away and jumping from branch to branch. On approaching it to see what was going on, I spotted the rattle snake eyeballing the lizard. There is no doubt in my mind that the lizard was going to be dinner. I changed all that. When the snake saw me, its priority changed and suddenly it tried to go away, but I was blocking the way. It was fearing me and went on the attack mode. It curled up and was watching all my moves. I was more scared of the snake than it was of me, but it didn't know that.

I yelled at my stepson, Donny, to come and see. Well, he's crazier than me and he proceeded to grab the snake. He took pictures of it and that's how I wound up in one of the image. I also was shooting away and caught him actually taking a picture of the snake, dangling at the end of a stick.

We finally let the snake go and it was really tired. It went under a rock. The lizard stuck around like it wanted to say thank you for saving it from being eaten.

Both of our hearts were racing and we then thought of how dangerous it could have been. One bite from the snake and we would have been hospital bound. Oh well...that's how memories are created.






Later on, we walked around the park and took some less dangerous pictures of the beautiful scenery.


 Thanks for stopping by,

Yvon Bourque

No comments: