Saturday, November 26, 2011

Take one fully developed image, add a layer of blur, a pinch of contrast, a teaspoon of brightness, and see what you get!

Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

Hi Photographer friends,

Sometimes, it's just plain fun to experiment with old images, sort of giving them a new life. Here, I took six images at random in my collection and played with them. First, I duplicated the image. Then I used the vertical or radial blur to the point I couldn't recognise the image. I added that image as a second layer to the first image. Using the eraser with 90% transparency I erased the top layer portion that was shadowing the main subject(s). I added contrast and brightness and saved the results.

I'm not going to win any award with the resulting images, but it's a bit out of your ordinary, run-of-the-mill images. It made my Saturday night blues go away.








Thank you for stopping by,

Yvon Bourque

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic idea, fantastic photos! Well done!

Suecae Sounds said...

I agree with Jim. Very nice!