Monday, July 30, 2012

Photography is changing. It's now the media of choice for many.

Email: brqyvn@gmail.com 

 Hi Photographer friends,

In my opinion, photography for the professional photographers and advanced amateurs will continue to expand with new DSLRs and other types of digital cameras, but I believe the majority of people under 30 are going another direction completely. 

The cell phones are definitely pushing the point & shoot cameras out of the way. Cell phones are having better sensors and better glass than just a few years ago. The generation pushing us out of the way do not care much about printed photographs.  I was reminded of that the other day when my youngest daughter told me she never uses her Pentax K-r. She uses her iPhone and post photos of her life on Facebook and Instagram.

She said "Dad, I really don't use my Pentax. With the iPhone, it's like I document my whole life. I save the pictures on my hard drive, and its also saved on Instagram, plus Apple iClouds".

Instagram allows some cool photo manipulations and it's what the pushing generations are using.

I have to agree that it's a great way to document one's life and events and share it with your family, friends or the whole world if you choose to. I have two daughters and, although I talk to them often on the phone and converse with them on the net, I know what's going on in their life daily. 

We live in a great technology era, all the while the world is financially crumbling around us.

Here's some pictures I get from them. I know that these images mean nothing to you, but it's the idea that I can see my children and grandchildren growing day by day.  

Photography is changing.











1 comment:

photography said...

Excellent photography, Thanks for sharing