Thursday, February 14, 2013

1999 with a Nikon Coolpix, low resolution images.- New software advancements gives a new life to my old pictures. It's not as good as if captured with a Pentax K-5, but it's still fantastic.

Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

Hi Photographer friends,

In 1999, I was living in Maine. One of my first digital camera was the Nikon Coolpix 990. It had 3.32 megapixels, and I thought it was fantastic. The truth is that it was indeed fantastic. Pentax did not have a digital camera at the time and I was astonished at the images I was able to produce.
 
Fourteen years later, I reloaded some of the images on my computer and tried to improve them with today's Photoshop. Take in consideration that the images were improved back then with the Photoshop version available at the time.
 
The images are still not very good for enlargements on printed paper, but considering that most people view or exchange images on a computer screen, the results are pretty impressive.
 
Look for yourself. The first images are the originals.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I have thousands of pictures taken with low resolution digital cameras. Maybe it's time for me to rediscover perfectly good images lost in inferior technology.

Isn't technology amazing?

Thanks for reading,

Yvon Bourque

I'm glad that cameras like the Pentax K-5 are available, but I'm also glad that technological advancement in software allows me to give a second life to my older images.

1 comment:

monikroland said...

J'ai déjà vu ces belles photos.
Monique.