Monday, February 18, 2013

On the road with my RV and the Pentax K-5

Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

Hi Photographer friends,

Today was my first day off that was not cold or raining. I decided to hook up the fifth wheel and go try it on the road. I've had the fifth wheel for three Months now, but did not have a chance to road test it. The task seemed to be an easy one for this monster truck. You hardly know there is a fifth wheel in the back. Climbing long steep grades did not seem to bother it one bit. 

I drove about 200 miles, from Apple Valley through the desert toward Barstow, then I came back on old Route 66. Drove on Highway 15 to the Cajon Pass, and back up the steep hill. I understand that the images herein aren't the best I ever produced, but the task Today was more toward testing the new rig.


 

 
 
 
 Road 247 between Lucerne Valley and Barstow.
 
 
 
When I retire, this is going to be our home for most of the year, although we purchased a modest home in Southern Texas for the colder months. In addition of this Photographic blog, I will also have a blog about travelling across North America and how to photograph the people and places we will visit. The sister blog "The long way home..."   is currently under construction. You can take a look and send me some suggestions if you wish.  Although we are still working, we will be visiting California, Nevada and Arizona starting next Month and through the summer and fall. There are plenty of great places to visit in those three states.
 
Gradually, we will spend more and more time on the road until we become full time RVers. I hope that you will continue to visit this Pentax Blog, as well as the new Blog, as it will incorporate even more photography than ever before.
 
Thanks for reading,
 
Yvon Bourque
 
P.S. I should receive the Pentax MX-1 soon and will give my impression of it as well as writing an e-book for it.
 
 
E-books for most of Pentax DSLRs available here.
 

 

No comments: