Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I did it. The biggest sin in RVing with a fifth wheel. I am documenting the fix with my Pentax K-5 and my iPhone.

Yes, I'm guilty as charged. I held this to myself for over a week. I was told many times to never rush while hooking my fifth wheel to my Ford F350 dually. I rushed and it happened...I dropped the fifth wheel on the bed of the truck. That has a tendency of ruining someone's weekend.

If that weren't enough, someone stole my center caps for the front wheels while I was having dinner at Windy's before checking in the RV park.

It didn't stop there as this was my first outing with the fifth wheel and I can tell you that it's a totally different approach to back-up a fifth wheel in comparison to a travel trailer. So I became "The entertainment of the campground that night.

Fortunately, all is good as the insurance will pay for it all. I will photograph the daily progress and use my Pentax K-5 to do so.

Stay tuned.

More of the story and the repairs tomorrow.

Thanks for reading,

Yvon Bourque









No comments: