|New e-book coming soon. This is my first Ricoh e-book.|
Hi Photographer friends,
I believe that the marriage of Ricoh and Pentax is producing great new cameras. The Pentax K-3 has just been announced and it's going to be another innovative DSLR.
Ricoh has done more for the Pentax legacy than Hoya ever did. Since Ricoh already produced cameras of their own, blending the technology of both companies can only be a plus. For that reason, I will accept the Ricoh cameras as part of the family. Ricoh and Pentax cameras are like brothers and sisters. I will be publishing a new e-book for the Ricoh GR. I will be available in a few weeks through ebooks4cameras.com
A little while back, April 2013, Ricoh introduced the Ricoh GR with an APS-C, 16.3 Megapixels CMOS sensor. That is the same size as the sensor used for the Pentax K-5.
I got the Ricoh GR yesterday and I am writing an e-book about it. It is really an exceptional compact camera with so much capabilities. It is an ideal camera for travelling and for street photography. It allows sophisticated customizing and produces fantastic images. The lens has an aperture of f/2.8 with 9 diaphragm blades. The bokeh is great.
Here is what DPReview had to say about the GR:
- Excellent image quality in Raw, very good in JPEG
- Sharp lens with consistency at wide apertures and close working distances
- Large sensor in genuinely small body
- Highly customizable and responsive user interface
- Excellent build quality
- Extensive feature set (built-in ND filter, Snap Focus, time lapse and 35mm crop mode)
- Good live view magnification allows precise manual focus
- USB charging can be convenient
Thanks for reading,