Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Me and my human Dad went on Big Bear Lake mountain today, and he brought his Pentax K-3.

Email: brqyvn@gmail.com 

 Hi Photographer friends,

I have a new human Dad, and today we went to Big Bear Mountain to cut wood for the winter. My human Dad and I left early this morning and drove into the wood up to an incredible elevation of 7,542 ft.  That's very high. My human Dad brought his camera, a Pentax K-3 and some Pentax Lenses. He wanted to take pictures of my first trek...whatever!

I'm just pretending, I can't drive a car yet!


Once we got there, my job was to hold the car, so he tied the car to me and I kept it in place for the whole time. I only stumbled once because there was this big boulder in my way.  It only took me five minutes to spill all of my water. We only had one bottle for the both of us so we were careful after that. 

I'm holding the car while he is cutting wood.

Did you see this big boulder, no wonder I tripped.

The car isn't going anywhere, not on my watch anyway.


After cutting and gathering enough wood for today, he drove to a big rock formation, almost all the way to the top of the mountain, a place called Pacific Crest Trail.  I met other humans there and they all wanted to pet me. That's okay, they were all nice.

Then I climbed the big rocks (with a little help from my human Dad) and he took a bunch of pictures. I have to admit that I'm pretty cute.

This is nearly 8,000 feet elevation.  The Pacific Crest Trail.

See how good I am at climbing! I can do it with three legs...see!

Wow, this is high and I don't want to get too close to the edge.

I'm just posing for Canine Magazine.

It's time to go.

Coming back, the road was rough and I bounced back and forth in the  car. When we arrived home, he gave me some Puppy Chow and he added some warm chicken gravy to it.  It was yummy.

Now I am in my crate for the night and I'll be a good dog, but he will have to bring me out about every four hours. I'm only eight weeks old and my kidneys are small. I will only get better at holding it as I grow up. I think I'm going to like this new human Dad and my new human Mom.

Thank you for reading. I'll let you know when I go to some more adventures.

Maggie.
By the way, I am an Australian Shepherd / Border Collie mix.

No comments: