Wednesday, October 1, 2008

OK1000 Pentax Blog is back. This is a "You must subscribe to" Blog Site.

Dear Pentaxians and friends,

My Pentaxdslrs.blogspot.com was started a little over a year ago. At the time, I was reading all I could find on the Internet about Pentax DSLR cameras. There were several forums, and I joined all of them at the time. I like forums, but some are having too many members that are looking for arguments, or some more experienced photographers being condescending to other, etc. They are not all like that, mainly just the big forums. I won't name any names, but if you read what's out on the Internet about Pentax, you know who they are.

I do spend a lot of time on the Internet Forums, notably PentaxForums, PentaxWorld and Photo-net Pentax forum. These three are my forums of choice, but there are other forums that I visit often as well. However, the forum format is more of a “questions-and-answers” interaction. It's not a place where I can stand on my soapbox and express my views, my opinions, my experiences, display my images, help the less experienced photographers and ask for help from the more experienced photographers; all in a format that takes more space than a reply or post on a forum.

That brings me to the title of this article, “OK1000 Pentax Blog is back. This is a "You must subscribe to" Blog Site.” Before starting my blog site, OK1000 was my favorite blog and still is. It is run by Michael Gaudet in New York City. One day I read his article about being a "green photographer" and I was blown away. At that moment, I knew I wanted to start a blog site as well. I wanted to start my own not because I wanted to copy Michael, but because I understood in that single article, the power of blogging. After reading that specific article, I started doing all I could to become a green photographer. See my posts (1) (2) (3) about it. Then I thought, "I have been a photographer and a Pentax user since I was in High School and that's a long, long time ago. Maybe I can help other less experienced photographers.” I started the blog, inspired by Michael, and started writing and self-publish books about the Pentax DSLRs with the entry-level photographers in mind. There are no big monetary benefits in either endeavor, but the pleasure of receiving encouraging e-mails and positive comments from all over the world is more rewarding than money. It also gives me a chance to give back to the hobby that I love so much.

That said, OK1000 Pentax Blog is back after taking a hiatus of many Months. I glad Michael is back at it again and you owe it to yourself to visit his blog site. You will like his writing style and will subscribe to it, I'm sure.

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great news. I'd given up on Michael and hadn't checked back in a long time. I guess I do need to subscribe :-)

Thanks for letting us know, Yvon.