Monday, July 13, 2009

It’s tomato time here in the Mojave desert of California!







Visitors to this page also liked: See "Recommended Reading" on the right column. We honor reciprocal links. Email: brqyvn@aol.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.
I can hear it now...he's lost his mind! Am I on the right blog about Pentax DSLR cameras? What's tomatoes got to do with Pentax?

If you are new to my blog, I sure you're wondering what are these tomato pictures doing on this site. They are not the best pictures I have ever taken either, but they are my 2009 crop of heirloom tomatoes. Here's a few links to the previous "Tomato related" posts: Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4. Now you know why I post these pictures.

This year's crop consists of "Mr Stripey" tomatoes and the "Yellow Pear" tomatoes. I also have one plant of "Homestead" tomatoes which are also heirloom, but they don't look anything special and we keep eating them as they ripen.

I don't know if Mr. Ned Bunnell still plans to have the "Best 2009 picture of heirloom tomatoes" contest, but my tomato plants are producing fruits now, and I will keep taking pictures and eating them.

Beside...we all needed a break from everything about the K-7. That's all we read about these days. Cameras are like shoes, you buy the one that fits you and your needs.

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

Miserere said...

Looking tasty! :-)