Friday, April 22, 2011

Food for Photography thought

Hi Pentaxian friends.
  • Following up on my post of April 20th, it looks like I'm not the only one thinking that Internet traffic is slowing down, particularly blog sites and forums. From the comments received and emails (many from iPhone and mobile devices) Forums have become a place where too many Nay-Sayers hang out. It's unfortunate that there are so many trolling going on. There are a lot of people interested in photography, but posting comments or asking questions on many of the forums often returns "Smart Ass" answers. I do like the forum section of Photo.net,   as the belligerent people are kept in control.
  • As for the blog sites (mine included) traffic has indeed slowed down. Certainly, not everybody has learned everything about everything! There is still exchange of ideas, photography by examples, reviews of equipment, lessons, humor, etc., that can be brought up and discussed on blog sites. It does seem that more and more of the Internet surfing is done with mobile devices, making the actual logging to blog sites obsolete in a way. People either join your blog as follower, or through RSS feed and actually get the content of your blog sent directly to their iPhone, Droid or other mobile devices. It’s tedious to write long comments with the small qwerty keyboards and maybe the interaction is what has slowed down. What is it, as readers, you would like to see more of on blog sites. Let us know, we would like to post what you like.
     
     
  • I have updated the appearance of this blog site and decided to include a photo of myself.  I'm sorry if I don't fit the description of a movie star, but that's who I am. For those who thought that "Yvon" was a girl...sorry. The name is French Canadian and it is indeed a common name. The flip side is that it makes my blog a little more personal eh! You get to see who keeps making spelling mistakes. Eh! you know I'm French Canadian eh! I do the best I can eh! 
 

You have a smart phone? You can scan this QR code.



  • It would have been hard not to notice that I started a new venture this past Month. AlettA Photographic is my new endeavor. We will fabricate accessories for Digital SLRs. Our first item is the AlettA Stabilizer, currently available for the Pentax K-5 and K-7. or any DSLR with the same or very similar footprint.  The fabricator now has my templates for the Nikon D700, D300s, D7000 plus the Canon 7D and 5D Mk II. I should have these ready for shipping in the next few weeks. About 50 Stabilizers have been shipped so far. It's not too bad for our first two weeks. I received comments and suggestions from several buyers and I'm listening carefully. Everyone seem to like the stabilizer and I will post the comments and suggestions next week.
I wish everyone a great weekend of relaxation and maybe a good photographic weekend. If you observe Easter...Happy Easter.

 
Thank you for stopping by,

 
Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

mderome said...

Joyeuse Paques Yvon, Have a Happy Easter!!!