Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Visit to Samy's Camera in Pasadena...Impressed with the good service.


Change the way you shoot™

 Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

For those of you that follow this blog, you already know that I recently got into a new endeavor, The “AlettA Photographic” accessories for Digital Cameras. My first item, launched about a week ago, the AlettA DSLR Stabilizer specifically designed for the Pentax K-5 and K-7, has been selling really well. I can’t wait to receive more comments, good or not so good, as long as they are constructive.

Of course, I don’t want to limit my sales to Pentax only, although I am a diehard Pentax fan and will always be. So today, I drove to the Samy’s Camera store in Pasadena, California. It’s about an hour drive from where I live. The purpose of the trip was to ask them if I could take the imprints of some of the bestselling Nikon and Canon DSLRs and battery grips. I really didn’t know what to expect. I could have driven there just to be told “No”.

After introducing myself, I asked for the Store Manager, Michelle, who was in her office. I was pleasantly surprised when she came in the store, just a few minutes after being reached by one of the Sales Representative on the floor. I explained my purpose and she immediately got Jeff O’Brien to take care of me. Jeff was really helpful and interested in the Stabilizer as well. He made all of the Nikon and Canon cameras and battery grips available, right then and now.

Jeff was as friendly and helpful as one can be. Thank you for your help.

I was so pleased with their assistance, that I couldn’t help buying some "absolutely and immediately needed" camera stuff. I purchased a 67mm ND8 filter and the new 3” Hoodman loupe.

So to put this visit in perspective, I now have the necessary dimensions to fabricate Stabilizers for the Nikon D7000, D700 and the D300S. I also have the necessary dimensions to fabricate Stabilizers for the Canon 5D Mk II and the 7D. All our Stabilizers are made of CNC machined aircraft aliminum, powder coated for a  hard and durable finish and come with a right handgrip plus three sets of adjustable legs.

Look us up in the near future. We should be able to ship the Stabilizers for these new cameras in the weeks to come. I am so excited, I’m puking rainbows.

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

2 comments:

Unknown said...

puking rainbows?? hahahaha That is excited!

Unknown said...

Actually, I'm so excited that I started puking butterflies as well.

Now that's excitement!