Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The next time you think your pictures are the best in the world, you may need an attitude adjustment.

Copyright: Marianna Safronova  
Copyright: Tim Holte
Copyright: Ian .
Copyright: Phil Hawkins
Copyright: William Browning  
Copyright: Krzysztof Browko
 Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

When I see an exceptional photograph, I either take a picture of it, import it or simply write down the idea behind the shot. I won't ever repeat exactly what another photographer has shot, but I often try to mimic the technique or point-of-view.

No matter how good you are, you will always see some images that will make you wish it was yours. When I think I have a great shot, I usually visit Photo.net's Top Rated Photos and it usually gives me a change-of-attitude. I have my share of what I think are good pictures, but looking at so many extraordinary images is an humbling experience. See for yourself and learn from it.

It's even more humbling when you look at the Photo of the Week.

So next time you think your pictures are the best in the world, you too may need an attitude adjustment. Visit the links above and re-evaluate how good you are. Like everything in life, it seems that there is always someone a few steps ahead of you. 

Thank you for stopping by, and go take the next Picture of the Week.

Yvon Bourque


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my God! It's a double rainbow all the way across the sky! Wooohooo!!

Unknown said...

I like to live with delusions of grandeur and besides...

...comparisons are very ugly...it also makes a person feel bad.

Unknown said...

also as Mr. Miagi said in karate kid

Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.
Miyagi: Feeling correct.
Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.
Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Unknown said...

fRANK d,

It shouldn't make you feel bad at all, if you have such images, be proud of it. If one or more of these images are better than yours, it raises the bar for your next pictures. Go shoot some more and keep what you see from other photographers in the back of your head. That's a great way to learn...learn from the masters.