Monday, April 12, 2010

My best photographic tool isn't from Pentax.

Visitors to this page also liked: See "Recommended Reading" on the right column. We honor reciprocal links. Email: brqyvn@aol.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

If you've been reading this blog for a long time, you know about my favorite photo equipment...Ms. Peggy. That's my old Jeep. Every year, during the winter months, although it isn't really cold here in California, I add a few accessories to the Jeep. I use the Jeep mainly to go take pictures where I wouldn't be able to go otherwise.


My favorite place is the San Bernardino Mountains. Here, on the West Coast, the mountains are as high 10,000 ft elevation and a few are even taller. This spring, the wild flowers are very beautiful because we had more rain and snow this winter than we usually get. As you climb up. the flowers are different. At lower elevation, there are many yellowish flowers. As you get above 3,000 ft, it's a whole new type of flowers, purple, red, white, and it keeps changing as you go higher. There aren't much flowers at this time at elevations above 6,000 ft, but it will be spectacular in May.

Anyway, back to Ms. Peggy, this year she got new fender flares, along with a new fuel system, a new stereo system, new seats, new brakes and new drivetrain, except for the two differentials. That will be for next year. She got rid of the stickers, and the rack with the two fuel "Jerry Cans" and other goodies that were weighing her down. A cargo net was added so that my expensive camera equipment doesn't fall off  and it also protect the passengers from falling off. Here's what  she looked like in past years: 2009 , 2009, 2008, 2008/2007, 2007

This is what she looked like as a baby :) The year was 1988. I'm really her adoptive parent. She has been with me for a little more than three years. Before that, she was owned by my stepson, for about ten years. He got her from a student that had received her as a graduation gift. She came from a rich family.


So we're ready for another great season of photography. We will also be travelling out-of-state this summer and that should produce good images. We will be travelling to Washington State in May, Florida later on, Maryland and Montreal toward the end of summer. That will be exciting. 

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

2 comments:

Ms Mgt said...

I'd say Ms. Peggy looks better than ever!

We have a 2009 Wrangler, and I have seen firsthand how the outfitting and accessorizing of the Jeep can become a pastime in and of itself! Hard tops, soft tops, doors, fenders, seats, racks, etc, etc... It's as bad as any photography habit! :)

Marisa said...

You better not let Ms. Peggy hear you call her your "old jeep"!

It looks great! I really like the new fender flares and the net. I remember losing a fire extinguisher off the Jeep last time so that was probably a wise decision ;) I do miss some of the bumper stickers though....

I can't wait until all the flowers are blooming up in the mountains. I know how much you love to explore up there and I can't wait to see all your beautiful photographs. :)